Friday, June 6, 2008

What Would You Do, If...

What would you do if you had just recently been told that The Report you supposedly promised to do long ago is now long overdue? What would you do if you also were told that whether you "go or stay for awhile longer" depends on that Report? What if you suddenly realized that you had been expected to be working on that Report all these years and had been oblivious of that obligation. And just what was supposed to be in The Report? Are you expected to explain the meaning of human life? Or, just what is planet Earth's actual intentions regarding conquest of space? Explain the weird behavior of your fellow humanoids? And, what have you done with all that time you were given when you arrived yo many years before?

I saw that! That look in your eyes, mumbling to yourself, "uh-huh". You think I'm kidding, don't you? You think I'm making things up, right? Well, I can't say I blame you. I mean, when I first was told about The Report, I thought the one who told me was putting me on. This guy keeps appearing and reappearing -- very disturbing, as you might imagine. (More about him later.)

Don't go, just yet, please. This is a true story, believe me. It's strange, that's for sure. It is, on the face of it, a bold faced fabrication -- but, wait until it happens to you -- out of the blue being told to get that Report in and you've apparently forgotten all about it. Just goes to show you how much we've been brainwashed by the Earthlings.

I wish there was some way I could convey to you the dread I felt when I was told to do The Report. I wish I could convince you that I truly want to know what you would do, under similar circumstances. The truth is, I'm terrified to realize that I just might not be able to do The Report, that all this time I've just been living an ordinary life, learning how to survive in a mostly artificial environment, learning how to fake it -- you know, to pretend knowing what's really going on but knowing deep down you don't have a clue.

Let me explain something. I'm going through this "thing" with this guy, this stranger. I don't know how to get out of doing The Report and still stay awhile longer, and I realize I need help. Naturally, I thought of telling my wife but, well, she's skeptical of strange things (even though she is a Catholic).

I'll be back tomorrow. I hope to pique the interest of someone who'll maybe have thoughts on how to deal with my PROBLEM, what I should include in The Report.

I'll leave you with this thought expressed by the 19th century Italian poet, Giacomo Leopardi (1798 -1837)
"It seems absurd, yet it is precisely true, that since all reality is naught, illusions are, in this world, the only true and substantial things."

No comments: